Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Your party is unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonythetech

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2002
US
System:
Partnet ACS 7.0
PVM rel 3.0 12 mailboxes

Calling from outside AA answers... I choose extension 33 which has voicemail setup and get the message "your party is unavailable".

Things I've done:
initialized the mailbox and created a greeting
made sure it was set for record mode
made sure it had VMS coverage assigned (#310)

Not sure what else to check.

you created a greeting did you also do a personal message.if you didn't then when you call you should hear ext 33 is not available to leave a message wait for the tone.

3 questions
1. What is selector code 3 set for?
2. What mailbox number is extension 33?
3. Are you sure you are setting up the correct mailbox?

allisland not sure what you mean personal message. I logged into extension 33's mailbox and created the greeting so as to override the default. Is that not correct.

1043 I haven't changed the selector code for 3. I have and extension 32 and AA transfer to it fine. The mailbox # assigned to extension 33 is 9.

Funny thing is I have extension 34 available and if I initialize the mailbox and assign it to that extension the AA will transfer to it. This happened one time before (another extension and mailbox) and this was my work around. I don't want to have to keep changing peoples extensions if don't have to.

I've also power-cycled the phone system

Are you sure 78, and 79 are the only extensions in #505 group 7?

What do you get when you call ext 33 locally on the intercom? do you get the same message, and can you leave a message in 33's mailbox?

Going to that office will get back with you. Thanks

When the AA transfers to 33, is 33 in DND and at the same time, is the other VM port busy? (Check by putting DSS buttons for 78 & 79 on a phone)

I checked and only 78 and 79 are in group 7 under #505.

If I call from another extension It rings the correct number of times and then plays the users greeting and I can leave a message. The phone lights up and I can get the message left.

Extension 33 doesn't have a DND button programmed and they don't know the feature code. I put 78 and 79 on the receptionist phone to see and only one lit up during the call.

Thanks you guys... this is why I look here first.

Well I didn't figure it out... I ended up initializing the system and reprogramming it. It's working now. Thanks for the help. I guess I had something funking setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back