Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

you should only open attachments from a Trustworthy source

Status
Not open for further replies.

nootgevallen

Technical User
May 22, 2003
NL
Can somebody help .

I need a registry key for .tiff and .tif so that annoying pop up doesn't come up in outlook 2003 .

I know i can unmark the confirm after download in folder options at the file type but im not doing that for 150 users. so if you know which registry to adjust please post.
(or in one of the 100000 group policy settings)

thank you .

nootgevallen

Sorry, you need to be more specific then "The Annoying Popup". Don't know what you are talking about mate.

Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

HI try to explain again.

The users in my company get a Security warning when they open a .tif or .doc . etc in outlook 2003 sp2 in windows xp sp2

You should only open attachments from a trusworthy source.
Would you like to open the file or save it .

Can't get rid of the warning message .
Only when i log in as a admin and put a
V confirm after download in the file types under advanced button in folder options .

Is there a registry key i can publish to the users .
The policy attachment manager is Crap cant understand it clearly.(english) dont know if i can adjust it with the policy .

Hi nootgevallen.
I know exactly what you mean. I tried to do this using Group Policy recently and failed I'm afraid.

Legal IT Forums
Free technical forum for Legal IT professionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back