Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

You Know Your A Nortel(Avaya) Tech If 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolbox212121

Technical User
Nov 18, 2010
US
I will start this classic post with an easy one.

"When counting you always say ZERO then start with 1,2,3.....

You log in to this forum every day!

>****

You know you're the Nortel tech if you wish you could share these with someone at work, but can't because your the Nortel tech.
There can be only one.....

When you don't touch a pop up window on a call pilot server for at least 5 min!!
1.07 - 2.02 upgrade, "Button pushers

You remember there was a time when Nortel misspelled RLS on their Q series phones with Ris, so everyone would have to press the Ris key to hang up or release from paging.

****New Forum - E-Metrotel UCx****
Joseph Sus-Nortel Installer/Programmer-"JoetheUCxguy" on Youtube

When you report Health Maintenance issues to your customer , only to be asked " Has the end user reported any issues ? ",and then your customer ask the question, " Why should I out the 300 disabled sets in the PBX ? "...

you even remember what a 51a lamp is.. you think Cisco would be better if they had one eng that knew what an A lead was.. you remember when you upgraded your dumb term's to 300 baud...

and yes i still use **** in cisco routers... it doesn't work..and you have already retired... twice

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You still log in all caps with a password of 4 zeros LOGI 0000 !!!!!!!

When your still working at 6:00 PM because a damn key code upgrade requires a sysload.

When you point out every Nortel model phone you see in television shows and movies. I drive my wife crazy when watching tv.

When you are wonder when it's time to actually click something while patching Call Pilot...

Thanks TN94z I thought I was the only one who pointed out handsets in TV shows & movies.
Our partners should form a support group.

You know your a nortel Tech/SC if you know how many dollars you need to ride the ride

...if this is the first time you've looked for answers on a tech forum and you've been working on nortel switches for 20 years without any formal training. (must be getting old, don't want to figure it out myself, want someone else to do it for me!)

Every retail store you go into, you hope it has a Nortel phone system.
Every office building you go into, you check out the reception desk or security desk only find Cisco or Old Avaya or worse Mitel.
Stopping what you are doing even if you are with your Honeybear, Listening to page announcements at stores that have Nortel and making sure they use the RLS button after they page.
Teaching service desk or cashier people how to use the Nortel phone properly when they do something wrong while you are in line.

Oh and yeah, I do the TV show thing too.....I've seen Nortel phones on:
ER where I found out from a Nortel veteran that set up the phones, that there were fully working Norstar switches to make everything seem real.
Chicago's ABC7 uses Centrex M5316s in their live broadcast street facing studio
Chicago's CBS2 uses CS1000 1120E sets on their live broadcast street facing studio
You could hear a lot of Meridian One phones ringing during Peter Jennings ABC 9/11 coverage
Allstate commercial shows how indestructible a Norstar set is
The TV show Golden Palace which was a spin off of Golden Girls had an M2616 on the hotel desk for a short time but was replaced with a cheap phone in later shows.

You know you are a Nortel Tech when......

In an Avaya class your training partner doesn"t know what CLI is and how fast you can type through the Loads!

You know you are a Nortel tech when...

You ask your data tech colleagues if they have any left over 3.5 inch floppys to replace your worn out one for the data dumps, and they all laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back