Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

You and Another User are attemping to change the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFitz

Programmer
Dec 18, 2003
GB
ACCESS 97, in case it makes a difference

All,

I have got a really strange error on the system. The user goes into the system, does an update, comes out and then tried to go back in and they ge the error:

Microsoft Jet Database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attemping to change the same data at the same time.

This is quite an impressive error as there is only one use on the system. I have completely rewritten the code that does this and it still happens.

I have tried using both a docmd.runsql with an SQL update statement and using a record set and a do loop. Both produce the error.

Thankfs for your time in advance,

:)

Fitz

Fitz
Did you know, there are 10 types of people in this world:
* Those who understand binary
and
* Those who Don't!!

Hi there

This happens when you make changes to a table through a form without specifically saving the amended recordset and move on to changing something else. It can usually be prevented by the judicious use of "Me.Requery" in various places!

Just an idea

Regards

Tony

Yes .Requery is the solution. Had the same problem when doing DoCmd.RunSql statements and then tried to move to another record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back