Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yet another ServeRAID question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bustaldo

Technical User
Mar 22, 2004
AU
Hi, im still trying to setup my 5500,
Ive managed to get my array setup and functioning properly.
I installed an old copy of Redhat 7.0 without any drama at all. All firmware is updated on the controller, yet when i try to install a copy of xp on the machine it still cant find my hard drives. I copied the driveres off the serveraid cd as per the instructions in the install manual but still no luck.
Im sure there is something i am over looking can anyone help?

Many thanks again for helping me thus far catorze.

Are you pressing the F6 key when you boot to the install disk when it prompts you? Did you extract the driver image to diskette or just copy it? There is a BOOKS folder on the raidman CD which has a document in it on how to create the device driver for what ever raid card you have.

Yes im doing all that bit fine, the xp install can see and install the drivers fine off the disk, i made the disk as per the instructions in the books section on the disk.

so, did you manage to create a logical drive before booting up your xp cd? Coz this shouldnt be a problem, ive tried this couple of times. And also, please to check, on the servraid adapter configurations, where you able to see all your disks?

Yes problem is solved.
The Drives were setup properly but the xp driver that comes on the serveraid cd didnt work for my controller, i had to download a modified version, Im assuming my controller is an older varient or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back