Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yet another problem in IE 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUBALIBRAS

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
US
Yet another problem in IE 7 pertaining to the navigation menu.

The bizarre thing is the nav bar displays as it should on every page except the index. The navigation resides in a separate php file and I use an include into the header so I expect it to display the same on every page.

I'm relatively new to this and I have exhausted every avenue searching for bug fixes so if anyone can help me I would be grateful, and can finally get some sleep !

The link is

I would start by fixing the errors:

They may not be contributing to the problem, but until fixed there's no way to know for sure they aren't.

Other than that look for some styling that may be applied only in the index.php

Maybe a CSS file that's only included there, and not the other pages.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Many thanks Vacunita, it appears it was a conflict in on of the CSS files.

I checked the errors on the validator last night and most of them are fine, it's just that when I use the php include it displays the opening and closing tags of those pages which the validator doesn't like, but doesn't seem to upset the browsers.

Always trying to improve this but not there yet.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back