Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yet another issue with PRI and 4.1 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorDave

Vendor
Jul 29, 2002
US
Migrating from a t-1 to PRi. DID's are ringing in but according to the telco engineer, we are only sending 7 digits. I have absorb length set to 1. DIaling 11 digits. Any clue, any help?

GatorDave

First is get rid of the 4.1 software go to at 6.1 the software for the Pri was no good until then

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Perhaps you could share the issue with us?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Agreed PerryPJ, the customer would not agree to pay for the upgrade. Nonetheless, we managed to get it working. Only took us a combined 14 man hours of the on-site tech and me remotely (not to mention the LEC tech, engineer and 3 other people on the bridge (although I have no idea why they were on the call...LOL). Anyway, the issue was the on-site tech had inadvertantly put an "8" in the destination code programming. We used the *8* as the access code for the PRI because we could not get the "9" to work. Still don't know why it didn't work but it didn't or wouldn't. Did a lot of research and found out that this release has a lot of issues with the number "9".

GatorDave

Look at the Dialing Plan. The "Default" = 7, which means if you are able to dial and office code + 4 digits without an area code that would be 7 digits. If you are always going to dial an area code even within the same office code as I do in my location, then change the default to 10.

Did you check "External Code" (as well Pool Codes) is set to None? it's default is 9.

7.1 is a much better choice, 6.1 had issues also and was replaced by 6.1MR.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back