Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

YES/NO field appears as -1,0 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaabuhalime

Instructor
Nov 22, 2012
US
Hi All,
I have a form that YES/NO field the field dispalyed as hold a checkbox on the form which really what I want , the problem is when I print the a report, the values displayed as 0,-1, is there a wy a validation rule that I use to be get rid of the 0,-1, I want the Yes and No to be dispalyed on the report or even in the table, and keeping the checkbox option.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

A yes/no field stores 0 or -1 on your table. If you want a different control, just change it to a checkbox. Find it in the Controls while in design view.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

As pointed out it is always stored as -1,0. It displays in the table based on the applied format property and the display control. Under table properties in design view you can choose "yes/no, true/false, on/off, or nothing (-1,0)". In the table properties you can also choose the control to use in the table and forms based off that table, "checkbox, textbox, or combobox". The default choice is "Yes/No" and the control by default is a checkbox. In the form, if you use a textbox you can choose the same formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back