Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yes! I'm Network+ certified 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate. Not familiar.

Best of luck!

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Just took my Net+ exam today. Passed with an 806 out of 900. 72 questions, 90 minutes.

FYI: I got an IPv6 question.

Q: What is the IPv6 loopback ip address?

A. 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
B. 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1
C. 127:0:0:0:0:0:0:0
D. 127.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

I picked (A) because it should be 4 places of Hex numbers separated by colons. It couldn't be (C) with only 3 places so I guessed (A). I knew I got it right after I came home and did a search on Google.

Congrats!

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Glister,
You are the man! I took my test yesterday and passed too! That IPv6 question never came up. And, about the question I posted before about Real-Exams.com, That is a good study guide to use. Some prep questions are word for word. I suppose that if anyone just wanted to pass the net+ exam without any experience that would be the test prep to use. Although, I do not suggest that!

I finally bit the bullet and took the Net+ test yesterday, a whole year after attending a class. Passed it! Should have done this a long time ago, having been IT Admin for 5+ years now.

Small start... what's next...

Well, I passed the Network+ today without even breaking a sweat. I scored 793 on 72 questions. I was done in 29 minutes flat, including taking the "short" survey before they give you a score report.

This takes care of the elective requirement (A+ & Net+), so I am now MCSA 2003 Certified! w00t!

Wishdiak

Outstanding! Congratulations.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETsr,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Has anyone ever used TestKing? I was able to get ahold of some of their study guides for Net+.

Not them, for me - I got a 846 and used the following.
Of them - I would highly recommend reading TCat's guide as a solid solid foundation - then suppliment with another good sized book, and some smaller guides - and of course practice tests.

I used:
my tech schools book
TCat's guide
Cramsession's Smaller Guide - i think i got this when i bought the preplogic practice tests.

Other than that, I found one other 100 odd page guide and took a buncha tests on the links Glister has posted. I can look later tonight to see the names of the rest of the guides. There was also one or two very small guides.

It is of course - dependant on what test you happen to get. But I can say without a doubt, there is no way I could have passed the test if I did not read all I did. There were several questions I never saw in any guide or practice test. But given the basis of knowledge in the various guides I could do the best choice given similiar technologies.

"Never underestimate the power of determination"

Stuart
Net+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back