Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yellow Exclamation Mark in Epolicy

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1koolkat

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2004
GB
I am in the process of upgrading 2000+ clients from VSE 7.1 to 8.5 patch 4 using epolicy orchestrator 3.6. I have created a custom package and installed it on 20 desktops. On the whole everything appears to be working, however an exclamation mark in a yellow box keeps popping up by the M icon on the taskbar. This does'nt appear to be blocking anything probably because all the rules have been set to report rather than block however does anyone know what the exclamation mark is telling me.

I don't want 2000+ clients calling the helpdesk for something which may not be important. If it is not critical is there any way to turn it off.

The exclamation mark indicates that the accesprotection policies have blocked or logged a possible block. You should chekc the accessprotectionlog to see what program is being blocked or action is being logged as would be blocked.

Thanks. I'd gathered that that was what was happening. Unfortunately there does not appear to be any way of turning it of without disabling the "M" icon which would be a pity as it does provide the users with the idea that there PCs are being protected. Oh well...

you can disable the M icon without problems, if you still enable the VSE icon they still see an icon for McAfee Virusscan. only the agent doesn't show.

If you want to have the M Icon but no excamation mark you always can disable all checkboxes with report in the access protection policies. only this will limit your capabilities for troubleshooting these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back