Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yearly calendar for attendance 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxicottin

Programmer
Jun 20, 2008
US
Hello, I have been using excel for employee attendance and im sick of tabs ect. I have been looking for a MS access database that shows 12 months on a form and on the form your able to select a day and enter a attendence entry ect. Does anyone know of anything free out there Or a sample DB I can get started on? calendar stuff is quite confusing so I want to find a sample to start from.

Thanks!

Thanks,
SoggyCashew.....

Ok, I found the (2) spots that was causing the problems thanks to Majp's catch [thumbsup2]....

1st was in rpt_YearView Form_Load() Event

Code:
'sFrmDec.LblMonth.Caption = "Decembember" Fixed
    sFrmDec.LblMonth.Caption = "December"

2nd was in frm_YearCalendar Form_Load() Event

Code:
'sFrmDec.LblMonth.Caption = "Decembember" Fixed
    sFrmDec.LblMonth.Caption = "December"

Thanks Again....

Thanks,
SoggyCashew.....

I have been searching for an attendance calendar like this! Was there a final link to the finished product? It has been several years (5) since I last used Access and I have spent several hours going through this thread and getting familiar with the coding again and into the right 'mindset'. Great collaboration! Thanks, STef

Here is the last version I had. There are a lot of bells and whistles in this which will make it somewhat complicated. Example: the ability to have multiple colors in the date.

If you want to try to implement this and have questions, I would recommend starting a new thread. Then in the new thread and in this thread, put a cross reference. You do this by typing in the thread number in the format "ThreadXXX-XXXXXX" . Like:

Here is how to go to a New Thread
Thread703-1718634

BTW, the reason for a new thread is that this thread is so long and takes forever to scroll.

Thank you MajP, I'm going to jump in and try not to sink! Will follow your suggestions.

oxicottin or MajP, Is there another place that I can get a copy of the Week View Calendar that you put on One Drive to share? Maybe a Dropbox link? We just got the full MO 2010 except One Drive. Thanks for your help.

Stef

Give me a day or two to do some deleting and ill up you a copy of what im currenty using. Sorry for the delay...

Thanks,
SoggyCashew.....

FYI. Here is the cross link to the new thread.
thread702-1741110

Steve,
I used Google drive not One Drive, but I am new to using Google Drive. Did it not work for some reason? Does it force you to get a Google account?

@Steve here is the version I'm using in 2007 but it works in all versions, I uploaded it to my MediaFire.... You will have to make it your own by removing some stuff... Enjoy! Admin password I put on the admin form but its "oxicottin" if you dont see it...

Enjoy!

HERE IS CURRENT VERSION 5.xx

Thanks,
SoggyCashew.....

Thanks Oxicottin! I'll download today. Have to clean up the ones that you guys were using when building it. What a great program. I don't need the 'bought vacation' portion of it, and the way they figure vacation time here is 'different' but the bones are here and are exactly what I need. Stevie (aka Stephanie)...

I posted an additional question on thread702-1741110: Attendance Calendar questions Continuing thread702-1723375. Oxicottin - don't know if you are following that one too. It is in regard to subFormVacPDSDSummary (figuring workdays per year minus holidays). Hope you can help. Thanks Stef

Hi i'm new to the site, tried running Attendance Control Public v5.xx works great, what i have noticed that my Windows 8 regional settings is set as date format is dd/MM/yyyy (English Australia) when i enter an employee absence date the yearly view doesn't color in certain dates, but updates in the weekly view and when i change the Regional settings to (English US) the yearly view works fine. Please can you assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back