Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yearbook Using Pagemaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckyLou

Instructor
Nov 14, 2002
US
Is anyone using Pagemaker to publish a school yearbook? Specifically, is anyone running YB!Pro on top of Pagemaker?

We are having many, many problems and aren't certain whether they lie with Pagemaker, the yearbook software (YB!PRo) or something else in our own network.

I'd like to hear from anyone who is (or is not) having luck using Pagemaker to create a yearbook.

Also, if you are (or are not) having luck with any other application for yearbook, please let me know!

Thanks!

BeckyLou,

I am a 14 year Taylor Publishing customer and for the past three years have been doing yearbooks for schools that either don't know how to use PM or who need fine tuning of their pages. Currently I am doing about 25 different books in the SouthWestern Ohio for my yearbook rep from elementary to college yearbooks. I do some books from scratch, and others I just create master pages and send to the schools.

I primarily use PM 6.5 and 7.0 by itself, but I have YB!Pro loaded on my computer. My feelings about it so far are not positive. If your staff really needs direction, it may be one way of getting organized. I find all the junk in the background somewhat bothersome. Make sure you read the YB!Pro manual from cover to cover!

Know that if you are trying to share PM on a network, you will have problems. I run my yearbook from the network, but most importantly, PM is on my hard drive! I save all my files to the network. So far no problems.

What kind of problems are you having? It will help to know the kind of computer, the version of PM your using, the OS of your computer, the network software, and the level of savy of your staff (I have noticed that some staffs know just enough about PM to make them really dangerous).

It may be better to contact me at dmyers@madriver.k12.oh.us
I am the tech for my building, so I check my email about every hour or so. It chimes me when a new message comes in.

Daniel

BeckyLou,

Let me clarify - it is YB!Pro that I am not excited about. I dearly love PageMaker!

Daniel

I have done several very complicated yearbooks on pm6.5. I talked with the yearbook company and did it all as camera ready. Maybe you can avoid using YBPro all together. It would probably make your life easier. You could get whatever layouts from it then just use pm
Kunda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back