Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

YeaLInk Wireless DECT 60B not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRB45

Programmer
Oct 5, 2005
US
Aside from the system issues I had on another thread I have a wireless phone not working properly

Using a Yealink W60P wireless phone that I can make calls on however it will not ring. I've verified it is not forwarded and DND is not enabled and SSA doesn't show anything atypical.

trace of ext 202(k175) calling 205(wireless)

I pulled the trace and will get a better version when possible. AND since I left all of the public info in the post like a dumba** when i know better. Thanks for pointing that out hairlessupportmonkey

I don't see any packets from the extension 205 in that trace, only invites sent from the IPO to the handset.

It looks like both handsets, 202 and 205 are sitting behind the same NAT (108.84.88.237) and connecting over the Public internet using TCP.

Also, your IPO is visible to the public internet. Please make sure you've disabled all non essential user accounts and you have a strong password. Better still, lock down access to IPO ports to just addresses that you trust.

I'd recommend you use TLS and switch on Media security.

ACSS (SME)

I assume this is hosted on Amazon based on the IP information, would been important information to include from the beginning.

It tries to send the INVITE to the DECT base on port 5060 on the far end.
It's very unlikely that it would used this port when registering to the IP Office.

Does the accounts on the DECT base show as registered extension in System Status?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Turns out this was a firewall issue on my CheckPoint 730 appliance
Even though I added SIP ports 5060/5061 to the exceptions list it was still blocking them. Oddly enough the Security logs showed them as accepted but upon doing a SSH capture found out it was actually still blocking them.
Had to disable inspection on the service to get it working. Seems odd that the other SIP phones worked fine except this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back