Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yeah...um...I can't identify this virus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathtoxp

Technical User
Nov 19, 2002
US
Okay...problem number 1 is, norton anti-virus will not run for more than 10 seconds max. I looked up and down on the Symantec "Tech-support" and found some possible viruses but not everthing matched up. Odd system programs running now are....CSRSS.EXE, SMSS.EXE, WANMPSVC.EXE. I just wish I could get Norton to scan for more than 1000 or so files before it crashed....If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

And just to add more to the first...I tried to download and run another Anti-virus...and it closed after about the same time...PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!....a foot in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

N/M my other posts....Packethsvc.exe and Nhksrv.exe I think are the trojans files...but I still need a way to remove them.......................................

If you cannot identify the viruses on your disk, then try to run an onlinescan f. e.
But I suppose the responsible Virus is Klez, because this ugly guy - and some others - disables viusscanners after it becomes active.
hnd
hasso55@yahoo.com

It could also be a virus called SPACES which also messes up your anti virus software.
restart with a boot disk and scan from DOS. This will tell you what virus you have. Try Mcaffe , it will also remove spaces .

Packethsvc.exe appears to be an aol file and although i'm not sure what it is Nhksrv.exe appears to be a legit file not a trojan. Run an online scan here and let us know what it says:
Also, press ctrl + alt + del and list here evrything listed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back