Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yamaha Sound on Tosh Tecra9100

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuedge

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
I'm running Windows XP with SP1 on a Toshiba Tecra 9100. Problem is the sound driver. IT doesnt install.

I have tried both installs available from the tosh website and also the updated setup version that fixes a problem with SP1. Both get a message "Driver has not installed" at the end of the install wizard.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? We have another tosh tecra 9100 and the updated setup patch works fine on that laptop. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Kind Regards..

Nuedge

Found a "Notandum for Windows XP Service Pack 1" while looking around for a similar problem with Win2K on a 9100. This didn't help me 'cos its specific to XPSP1, but maybe it will help you or someone else...

The Yamaha driver AC-XG uses the "PortCls" function for checking the operating system version. In WindowsXP Service Pack 1 the "PortCls" function has been modified in design, therefore the driver cannot identify the operating system version correctly. Microsoft added a workaround that blocks the Yamaha driverfor use with SP1. The new Yamaha sound driver corrects this driver block problem. This new driver can be installed before or after the installation of Windows XP Service Pack 1.

Affected driver:
The version of the blocked Yamaha AG-XG driver is as follows:
yacxg.sys 6.13.10.2000 to 6.13.10.2150 (with software synthesizer)
yacxgc.sys 6.13.10.3000 to 6.13.10.3150 (without software synthesizer)

Solution is to uninstall existing driver, and then install the new one (after you d/l it if course)

The fixed version is as follows:
yacxg.sys 6.13.10.2152 (with software synthesizer)
yacxgc.sys 6.13.10.3152 (without software synthesizer)

See also Toshiba document TSB 805

Cheers!

Darts [morning]

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday" -- Dale Carnegie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back