Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yamaha CRW2100E-VK Vibration Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinMc

Technical User
Sep 8, 2001
GB
My replaced unit usually records fine, sometimes it requires a reboot of my system to change the description of media from 'bad media' to 'recordable media' (any ideas?). The main worry is when a cd is first inserted, the unit makes such a noise and a tremendous amount of vibration, I am sure this does not do it or my system any favours. The writer is a 16-10-40 model and is tightly secured with 6 fixings. Can anyone out there help?

i use to have the exact same burner, but i couldnt take the vibration and noise so i returned it and got a tdk instead. My friend had the exact same problem. So maybe all of the yamaha CRW2100E have the vibrations? Or is it a coincidence that KevinMc and I bought defected burners?

Thanx chandler44 I am thinking of returning it and getting either a freecom or sony (both 16-10-40), any reccomendations?

Mine is quite noisy, although I don't have (discernable) vibrations. It works well, so I'll keep it, but it's a PITA.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
A metaphor is like a simile.

Pain In The Rear...

Dave Kelsen.
Finish your mail packet! There are children offline in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back