Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yahoo via Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSCaupling

Technical User
Sep 5, 2008
US

I use Outlook 2007 for all my email accounts, but it won't let me add any Yahoo mail accounts. Adding others was easy. Any advice?

Is your Yahoo! account a subscription-type account? I believe you can only get POP3 email services with a subscription-based Yahoo! account.

Thank you both. It is indeed a free account. Oh well. [sad]

Same problem, but with an AT&T DSL sub-account. Outlook won't "import" mail from the sub-account. Any reason?

Is this also a subscription issue since the problem is not with the primary account but with a sub-account?

thanks (sorry if this should have been a new thread)

GS

[small][navy]*********************
Their "fore" missed me, therefore their four-iron hit me, which is not what I was there for. It was an unfairway to start my day.[/navy][/small]

My guess would be yes on your last question.

Did you get to give the file at a try? I'd be interested to see if that works, b/c I know the whole Yahoo deal with POP3 is very annoying.

Personally, I just use GMAIL for free email, as I think they're the most feature-rich fully customizeable email on the planet. They might not be as "pretty" as Yahoo mail, but at least you pretty much have full control over your own account. [wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Thanks for your reply KJV1611.

I just tested and realized Outlook will not import from the primary AT&T account either. Outlook had no trouble importing from my old BellSouth DSL account. This is really frustrating. [frown]

GS

Their "fore" missed me, therefore their four-iron hit me, which is not what I was there for. It was an unfairway to start my day.[/navy][/small]

Also, I tried SourceForge. When I hit "Download" and selected an application it didn't to anything.

I also tried to manually configure Outlook ("fpostoffice.isp.att.net" at port 995 for incoming and "fmailhost.isp.att.net" at port 465 for outgoing) with SSL checked. This did not work for the primary ATT mail account or the sub-account.

Finally, does anyone know if Outlook can import mail from a FREE AOL mail account? I usually test before posting, but I did not want to set up an AOL account if it wasn't going to work with Outlook.

Thanks in advance.
GS

Problem solved.

Step 14 at is [red]wrong[/red]. In this case "user name" requires the full address, including the @att.net part.

Step 14 said:
Type the user name in the User Name field. The username is the portion of the email address before the @.

GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back