Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yahoo mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

cparks73

MIS
Jul 22, 2004
US
I have a customer that use dial-up internet connection sharing. 2 of the Win XP PC's on the network can't access their yahoo mail from IE or Firefox. 1 other PC can access yahoo mail. Sometimes the Yahoo page doesn't even come up, but if I clear the cookies then try it will come up. Then I can get to the mail login screen, but when I enter username and password, the page just times out.
Any ideas on what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Do any other secure sites work? Start by checking the date & time on the problem pc's.

I'm not trying secure yahoo mail. I have checked date & time. I have run Adaware, spybot and AV. I have deleted all cookies and temp files. I ran SFC. Tried DRTCP to change the MTU setting. Still can't get to yahoo mail. When she logs into Yahoo messenger, it tells her 18 new mail, but if you click to check it times out. I did try hotmail, and it wouldn't load either and gmail which is secure did work.
I have searched and seen alot of this same problem but no solutions. Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back