Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

YA Lite 3.0.9 (free ver) reposted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks very much MitelInMyBlood, my search is over!

Incidentally I know a lot of people have been saying this software is not much cop but for our very basic needs it seems spot on. Has installed ok, setup tapi correctly, and seems to be working fine. Touch wood it seems stable too.

Incidentally I notice following the installation theres an entry in control panel called "IP phone emulation". Does this imply you can have an entirely software based phone running using your pc or does it still rely on there being a physical phone somewhere?

You can use it as a pure sofphone, but you need to buy a YA server and an appropriate lisence set.

Slapin, this is not the "softphone" version. This is barebones YA desktop client and as such is a SWELL interface between your desktop/laptop and your Mitel phone (either IP or TDM)

It is of course the "free" version which means several of the functions are crippled, but what *IS* there is great. You can drag-n-drop all of your Outlook contacts to it and use it as your dialer. It also functions as a great call history logger.

Inarguably one of the nicest things Mitel has ever given us for free.

Avaya having been doing a product like this for years called Phone Manager, no server required, Lite is free and always has been, Pro is a license and still no server needed, IPro version is a softphone version needing two licenses, pro and softphone, and still no server!

Hi,

It's my turn now....
I'm looking for the YA LITE 3.0.9 somewhere.
With what I read, that's the last free version available!
Anybody would be smart enough to send it to me?

best regards,

-patrick

BIG thanks kwbMitel.

-pat

Hopefully you won't be upgrading your 3300 or SX-200 software while using that free version of YA... One wouldn't like a surprise in the future when the older versions of YA are disabled.

I guess that AMC field "Version" is going to become more and more hated...

Pass the peanuts please....

I s'poze when YA3.09 (free ed.) is no longer supported we'll likely abandon YA and not upgrade due to the server requirement. The cost of the software is not the issue. Our mgmt is positively loathe to add yet another dang server and further fragment the phone system, exposing it to the frailties of the Win/Intel platform and "patch Tuesday". This is also the exact reason WHY we have Mitel VOIP systems today and not Cisco's. I realize Cisco's call manager runs on Linux today, but back when the key decisions were made it was running on a Windows server & SQL.

At the rate things are going I wouldn't be surprised to get a call some day to resurrect some old 1A2 key systems. VOIP may be working well enough in the corporate offices in the mainstream of the culture, but out in several field locations in "real world America" it's not and we're starting to feel some heat because of it.

At the rate things are going I wouldn't be surprised to get a call some day to resurrect some old 1A2 key systems. VOIP may be working well enough in the corporate offices in the mainstream of the culture, but out in several field locations in "real world America" it's not and we're starting to feel some heat because of it."

You've sparked my interest - I would like to hear more...

I have some locations out in the dinghy weeds best described as harsh environments. Tremendously high amount of dust, enough to clog the fans and cause them to freeze up in 6-12 months of exposure, and at which point the inside of the chassis looks like it's caked with mud. Also frequent power outages, some lasting several hours, long past the run time of anything short of a hyper-expensive carrier class UPS. Then you provision with a 6-hour backup system and go out to the site the next time they're "down again" after only 30 minutes and discover a coffee pot plugged into it.

These rural users aren't accustomed to "modern phone systems" and are even less receptive to them, especially when what they had was working and what you've given them isn't. I was as happy as anyone else to see the old iron go away, but those systems would only lose the lamps & hold features when the power went out, but with VOIP they're S.O.L. unless we talk them into getting a backup generator....which of course then needs fuel and periodic maintenance all its own.

Just venting...

Is it possible to have the YA lite reposted? It might help us with our needs...and our local vendor says he doesn't have it any longer.

Thanks!

cas

I found it....

Thanks for the idea.

cas

I cant remeber what functionality the YA lite gives you but if you want to just dial from Outlook, there is a peice of software kicking about called MiTSPDesktop edition. Once installed you can click on contacts and the call is setup on the IP phone. We have tested it and it works a treat. The only downside is that you have to use the Microsoft numbering convention (cant remeber what its called) i.e all numbers have to start with the country code, for example +44.

Hope this helps.

echoeng1,

Thanks...that might work as well. i will look into it.

cas

Repost please... again

Is it possible to have the YA lite reposted?

Our local vendor says he doesn't have it any longer.

Thank you

Dmitry

Sorry. We were asked not to repost it. Maybe someone else can help you.

goto;

register, go to downloads, then mitel, then YA

help yourself................

CMAC1,

Thank you, I've got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back