Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

y2k Status on Paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Anyone know of where to get info on the status of Paradox 5 and 7 as they relate to y2k. Borland washes its hands, as does Corel. Too bad, a client of mine who came back still uses Pdox5 on Win3.1. I've got corrupted tables everywhere....

Pdox 5 & 7 cannot handle Y2K.
When it encounters 00, it treats it as 1900.
To get around this issue, change year to 4 digits.
Change date with year ends in 00 to 2000.
Similarly, change year value, say, 00 – 20 to 2000, 2001… 2020..
Let’s hope your client will upgrade before 2020!

Oh, Y2K should not corrupt tables. Run tables through Table Repair or TUtility.

Thanks, JoeNg, for your answer. I agree that the table I'm faced with should not have been structured with multiple values in one field with the possibility of having what you suggested may happen. However, this system was turned over to me for continuous maintenance so I have to pick up on where it was left.

The only approach I can think of is to do a query on each member of a finite set of valid values that are used. The big problem there is that when there is an addition or change, the code must be changed and not allowing for a dynamic approach.

To me that will be a pain!!! Can you think of a different way to handle this?

Thanks again,

ssilver

I believe ssilver had post his reply here by mistake. I will post my reply back to the correct message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back