Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Y24 problm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJD10

MIS
Apr 26, 2002
US

Great way to start the new year. When importing a timesheet with a week end date of 2003, all is fine. When doing a timesheet with week end date of 2004, nothing happens.

When I try to run a query to update the table with 2004 records, I get the message that "Set 0 fields to Null due to a type conversion failure, and it didn't add 17 records to the table due to key violations"

What lock violations? I take the same data and change the week-end date to 2003 and it's fine. Nothing has been changed anywhere but addition of new dates.

Any clue? I'm using Access 97.

and it didn't add 17 records to the table due to key violations"

There's your key right there - no pun intended.

I'd bet that Access thinks these incoming records belong to 2003, not 2004 (somehow).

Check the keying structure of the receiving table.

JMH

Don't be sexist - Broads hate that!

Another free Access forum:
More Access help stuff at

You're right, but there are no restrictions on the Week End Date field. It's not linked to anything, not "Required" or "Indexed" or a primary key (The only PK on the table is an auto-id)

I'm still testing the Insert (changing dates and other values). Dont know if I'm barking up the wrong tree or what. Still open to suggestions!

Resolved!
I checked my Relationships and there was Referential Integrity to my Week End Date Table. I kept the link, but broke the ref. integrity and now it flies.

(Still doesn't make sense to me b/c the Week End Date table feeds the drop down for the date field on the insert. So, it's not as if the date does not exist already on the table)

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back