Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xtags

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRobotHero

Technical User
May 2, 2003
CN
I've been exporting Xtags from Quark Xpress 4.0.

I've read through the description of Xtags found here:

And it describes many of the tags in this format:

Code:
<s#>

But in the code Quark actually produced, there are no '>'s. It even starts with
Code:
<v2.05[code]

So, what's going on? And when I make something that needs to parse these tags, how am I going to recognize them?

Xtags are very useful in certain situaltions. We use them all the time when creating directory listings that originate in a database. We output a report as a text file out of our database that contains all the xtag code with style sheets then import the xtg file into a Quark document with the same style sheets and the listing is automatically formatted based up the specifications of the style sheets. Is something like this your ultimate goal?

I might be able to help you but I am not quite sure just what it is you need to know.

The <v2.05><e1> that is at the beginning of the xtg file denotes the version number of the xtags engine in Quark.

I don't have
Code:
<v2.05>
at the beginning of the file. I have
Code:
<v2.05
. I want to know why all the closing
Code:
>
s I was lead to expect seem to be missing.

Aha. Never mind. I was opening it in Word, and when I opened it in SimpleText it was fine.

So the moral is: Blame Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back