Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XSLT help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOW

Programmer
Sep 27, 2000
US
I'm trying to add a little more logic to the following template named "drawcell" specifically to the "target" attribute within <a>. If the value within the DOCUMENT_URL column row contains "sirepub", I'd like the value to be "_blank", otherwise the value should be "_self". The param $document_url has been defined as DOCUMENT_URL (a column name in a SQL database). Currently, the results being returned show the target within the <a> as target="". Neither _blank or _self are being added. Is this even doable using XSLT? Here's my code.

<xsl:template name="drawcell">
<xsl:param name="meta"/>
<xsl:param name="linkfield"/>
<xsl:param name="document_url"/>
<td valign="top">
<xsl:if test="$linkfield=$meta">
<a>
<xsl:attribute name="href">
<xsl:value-of select="MT[@N='DOCUMENT_URL']/@V"/>
</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="target">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="$meta=$document_url and contains(/@value, 'sirepub')">
<xsl:value-of select="_blank" />
</xsl:when>
<xsl:eek:therwise>
<xsl:value-of select="_self"/>
</xsl:eek:therwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:attribute>
</a>
</xsl:if>
</td>
</xsl:template>

> Neither _blank or _self are being added. Is this even doable using XSLT?
Sure, it is doable.

><xsl:value-of select="_blank" />
><xsl:value-of select="_self" />
Here is the problem. On the face of it, it means the text of the child _blank or _self under the context node. You certainly do not mean to be so. You mean literal string.
[tt]<xsl:value-of select="[red]'[/red]_blank[red]'[/red]" />
<xsl:value-of select="[red]'[/red]_self[red]'[/red]" />[/tt]

Thank you. Now at least I'm returning target="_self" however that value is returned for all records not just the ones contained "sirepub" in the DOCUMENT_URL column. I believe my problem is with the way I'm trying to evalute the value in DOCUMENT_URL.

<xsl:when test="$meta=$document_url and contains(/@value, 'sirepub')">

Is XSLT capable of evaluating values within a SQL database?

Correction on my last message. I want the records containing 'sirepub' in the DOCUMENT_URL to have the target attribute value of "_blank". Currently, all records returned have the target value of "_self" including those containing "sirepub".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back