Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XSLT and RTF!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgsteeldev

Programmer
Feb 5, 2004
US
I have a problem. I am the XML XSLT RFT expert at my company. There is only one problem. I know very little about RTF code. I have a problem. Our software generates documents on the website by using XSLT to create RTF documents from XML. I am having a problem with one of the documents that I did not write. We have rtf that is embedded with variables stored in our database. When a document is requested the variables are replaced with values from the XML. if we are replaceing simple values we use pull straight from the XML. We have some complex data that uses separate XSLT templates to loop through the xml and dynamically build lists. MY document has a dynamic list and a dynamic RTF table. The problem it that When the dynamic list is too long the Table that appears after it disappears. I have even tried to put a page break in the RFT before the table to force it to start on anew page. That sdoes not help. When the dynamic list is smaller the table appears on the next page just fine. When the list becomes too big the list disappears again. I am trying to avoid breaking the data out of the table because the data in the table is so dynamic it would be a nightmare to try and add variables and if statements for every possible data combonation.

Does anybody here have any experience with dynamically creating RTF or does anybody know of a good forum or website to visit to get this type of info?

Thanks I hope

JG

Here we go Royals! Here we go!!!!!

Try to be more specific with your question. Post some appropriate code.

Jon

"I don't regret this, but I both rue and lament it.

Here is a section of the RTF code

Code:
par \pard \plain \f1 \fs24 \cf0 @@t_policy_own_exceptions@@ \par \pard @@t_insmort_clause@@\plain \f1 \fs20 \cf0 \par \pard \par \pard

The items surrounded by the @@ symbols are variables that are replaced when a document is generated.

@@t_policy_own_exceptions@@ is replaced with a list. It uses XSLT to loop through XML and return each instance of a policy exception. The xslt creates a numbered list on the page. The there is a line break and @@t_insmort_clause@@is replaced with a table that has mortgage information. The problem is that when the numbered list is too long the table and any text after it does not show up. I have tried to put a page break between these two variable but that does not change the behavior of the table.

Here we go Royals! Here we go!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back