Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XSL Sort tables in a parent table

Status
Not open for further replies.

tratak

Programmer
Feb 3, 2011
RO
Hello !

Please, I need an XSL file sample to sort TABLES in a parent Table.

Thanks for any help !

Not exactly sure what you mean. Are you trying to group your information? faq426-6585

Tom Morrison
Micro Focus

One thing I found helpful: if you're filtering (selecting a subset of all the records in the file), do the record selection first, then the sort. It's far faster. Might be obvious, but I discovered it the hard way.

I Have to load a dataset from an XSD. That XSD has sequences and groups with the tables. Due those groups and sequences after the ds.ReadXMLSchema(MyXSD) I see that the tables are not in an alphabetical order.
I have to serialize the dataset to an XML that is validating by an other programm that alerts that tables in XML are not sorted.

I don't want to alterate the original XSD but I want my tables in the right order (sorted).
The dataset has also relations so I can't remove tables and add them again sorted in dataset. I can't recreate relations by code as they are from XSD (I have a motivation) so the only solution is to apply a transformation on the resulted XML. So I need an XSL to order TABLES (!!), not recordings. Child tables of a parent table.

Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back