Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XSD-How do I format xs:dateTime to look like hh:mm:ssTDD-MM-CCYY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlovel01

Programmer
Jul 16, 2003
US
How do I format xs:dateTime to look like hh:mm:ssTDD-MM-CCYY instead of CCYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss?

That would be an invalid format for a xs:DateTime element, and any parser that is looking at your schema will flag it as an error.

If you really want to format it like this, use a xs:String element, and format it using your outside language (C++, VB, etc), because I don't think you can format it using a XSLT.

Chip H.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

Thanks for your input. I would also like to know if I can change the name of the output file. When I translate each XML doc, I get a file name output.txt. Is there any way to write a directive to name the output file like "Freddyoutput.txt

Ummm, that's not an XML question -- try posting that in a forum that is geared towards your language or parser.

Chip H.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back