Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xpressions Version 5 EXCH Email interface not funtioning correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

togtek

Technical User
Aug 20, 2009
GB
Can anyone shed any light on this subject for me.
We have a customr with a unified Xpressions Version 5. On the Voice side of things, everything appears to function as expected. However, most of their user have the voicemails transmitted to their emails as an attachment file. The Xpressions default logging window on XPR monitor shows for these user the following message:-
Address NVS:EXCH/'USERNAME'@MRS does not support store/forward
"then"
Cannot deliver message to NVS:EXCH/'USERNAME'@MRS ('USERNAME'):service unknown
"then"
Access denied to POSTMASTER@ no SND_EMAIL Priviledge

I have studied the administration guide, but to be honest I am not familiar with the "Unified" side of this voicemail system and Microsoft Exchange.
The customer has reported issue with their Active Directory on their network and have reported that user have "disappeared from the Xpressions" in the past. I am not sure wher to look next as I do not have access to any other systems other than the Xpressions server. Can anyone advise were to look next as far as resolving these issues with Exchange Integration and Active Directory. The customer has exprssed a wish to deactivate Active Directory and administer teh Xpressions manually as it has been causing problems for them. It is not clear if the Exchange Integration require the Active directory to work or not.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I don't have Xpressions, I have AVST.

AVST has a separate little communication plugin that runs on the exchange server. Could Xpressions have such a beast to? If so, maybe the service isn't running.

I also have RightFax and that has the ability to route through the exchange server. In that case I have entered the actual IP address of the SMTP server and provided it with a valid network login and password that is allowed to send mail.

If your mail interface also specifies the login and password of an account that supposedly has messaging permissions is it possible that password has expired or someone changed it?

As I said at the beginning, I don't have what you have, but maybe these are some helpful places to look :eek:)

Thanks for the info,
I will be talkwing to the customer IT department about the password as it does look as though that's the issue to me also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back