Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xpressions late delivery of messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewifey

Instructor
Mar 22, 2004
US
Wondering if anyone notices an issue with messages being delivered into mailboxes late? Sometimes a few hours but sometimes a couple days. All time profiles are correct and the users have placed a personal greeting vs using the system greeting.

Some days I'm a bug....some days I'm a windshield.

Best thing I could recommmend would be to upgrade the software on the Xpressions....... Have fun trying!!!!

There is a few known issues of Hipath and Xpressions not synchronising with each other. Try getting the Xpression up to version 2.130.

We just upgraded to 3.0 and are still experiencing delayed messages with our HiComm 300. I set up the problem mailboxes stand-in (now known as deputy) to my email address to monitor the problem.I found out that the messages weren't delayed on our system, the MWI is. We are waiting for a fix, too. The stand-in is a great work around, send it to thier pager, cell, or email.

I know the problem with delayed MWI to. I know also 1 system with this problems. Most times we had this problem not with expression, because I don´t support it, but with SpeechDesign Memo. I´m not sure thate the problem is located in the HiPath, because we have no problems with the Siemens/Rolm Phonemail. Maybe it is the difference that the Memo use the normal analog SCSU-subscribers to set MWI and the Phonemail use a special SSC-subscriber. We searched the problem until now only in the Memo and SpeechDesign was not very helpfull. They only told, that the problem is not located in the Memo and there was no support for locating the problem. If I call Siemens the will tell me, that the proplem is located in the Memo and there is also no more help. You have there a much better position, everythink you use is from Siemens. Ok XPression is developed by Cycos ( but Siemens-labeld.
We created ourer own VoiceMail-system based on ISDN-Voice of TE-Systems ( There was much developing time in MWI, because it dosnt runs well. But we found out the proplem: it was located on the used ISDN-Cards (Eicon Diva). There was an problem in the Driver for ECMAV2. After they fixed that, we have no problems in MWI on oure systems. That are more than 3000 Boxes over many systems from Hcomm 300 V3.6 up to HiPath 4000 V 2.0. The largest one with 1500 Boxes. I have a system with very sensible users. Only 120 boxes but they kill me if MWI comes delayed and the use oure system also to leave office internal messages. So there is traffic on 1 chhannel the hole day and sometimes are all 4 channels busy. That I never seen before.
If youre XPression is connected via ECMAV2 it´s still the same like my system, only with CORNV33 there are differences.
So I´m not sure that the problem is located in Hicom/HiPath. Maby it´s a communication problem between the systems. And it will heavy to catch this. You have to trace on XPression and Hicom and watch the MWI. Than you have to leave and delete messages until you get it. And I´m sure, if you try it, it will works for 1000 times. Then you go home and the next message is delayed.

Bye
Niels

HI all,
Went thru this problem with xpressions 3.0 and the highpath 4.0 for about 5 months before SIEMENS fix the problem. Talk with the Washington DC field service Manager for the fix to this problem, has worked for us here in DC for the last 2 months no problems. Cheers all

I'll pass this along to our Expressions Admin. Thanks

Some days I'm a bug....some days I'm a windshield.

Reboot the server. We get this every couple of weeks and rebooting seems to take care of it for a few more weeks.

Yeah - that's what we've had to do. Also have noted that our server admins are virus scanning the Expressions SAerver which causes havoc with the voicemail indicator lights.

Do you ever wonder if they REALLLY know how to use a phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back