Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xp_gmNewRecID missing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggoober

Programmer
Oct 3, 2001
US
I can't find xp_GMNewRecID in the Master database of this Sql Server version of Goldmine 5.5.

How is this extended proc supposed to be installed?

Does it come with the installation CDs?

Is there somewhere to download it?

I have that zip file (gmprocs.zip), but I can't find the extended stored procedure xp_GMNewRecID in it. Is there anothe r file I need?

On the GoldMine Install CD there is an installer for the stored procedures. I can't remember how they refer to it. I think they called it Business Logic.

You can create it if you have the following DLL:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn\gm5sql.dll

You may be able to find the dll in the ZIP file or even on your local install.

HTH,

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Web Developer
IIMAK
-----------
A priest, a lawyer, and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says "What is this, a joke?

if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id = object_id(N'[dbo].[xp_GMNewRecid]') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure') = 1)
drop procedure [dbo].[xp_GMNewRecid]
GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF
GO
SET ANSI_NULLS OFF
GO

exec sp_addextendedproc N'xp_GMNewRecid', N'gm5sql.dll'
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF
GO
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Web Developer
IIMAK
-----------
A priest, a lawyer, and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says "What is this, a joke?

Run the above code in SQL Server Query Analyzer, in the Master DB. You have to have admin permissions to run this. (Sorry for the addendum; I forgot this was the GM and not the SQL forum).

Rgds,

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Web Developer
IIMAK
-----------

OK, I've found the extended proc, You guys have been very helpful, although I'm sure I have not asked my last question on this subject.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back