Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP windows login required since Client 4.9SP2 installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slotmech

Technical User
Apr 4, 2003
US
To all

We use NW6 & Client 4.9sp1. We recently upgraded to sp2. Before, users only had to login through the Client and were not presented with a windows login prompt (they were automatically logged into windows). We have each PC configured with a generic windows account with a blank password to login to windows. We do not want to match novell and windows passwords as multiple people logn to one machine! We would like to have windows seem transparent to the user and have Novell client control access. I know there are a lot of registry hacks to accomplish an autoadminlogon but we are looking for alternate methods. Can anyone tell me where there might be a setting for autoadminlogon or caching the windows logon might be? Any and all ideas are welcome.

Thank you

Jim Cole

use a dlu - it's a lot better and that creates the user on pc for you - 2 mins to setup and then it's a lot more flexible as you can change user pc rights etc -

and doesnt leave a big security issue

Terry712

Forgive my ignorance. What is a DLU?

Dynamic Local User...Its a policy that you can enable in Zenworks for Desktops.

jfp23,

Thank you. That would be easy if I was using Zenworks. Unfortunately I'm not.

See 315231 how to turn on automatic login in windows XP, can be done via registry or command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back