Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP will not stop asking to install disabled hardware!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectronikBean

Programmer
Oct 10, 2002
GB
Hello all,

I have a problem with xp and a HP R45 all in one printer. The fact is, HP have not posted a driver for it yet, so the scanner half is not working. The user is not interested in the scanner for now, and will make do with the R40 (R40 as R45 not availiable!) printer driver alone.

Now everytime the user logs in, it asks to install the scanner. This is dispite disabling the scanner in devices.

Any ideas on how to stop this annoying pop up?

Thanks,

E-Bean

Thanks BCastner,

I didnt think to try the ms kb for a problem like this, but then what else do I expect for an os from Microsoft? - It is bound to be a known issue.

I have installed the scanner software before, yet it still would not have it. I will have to try to install some other scanner software then disable it - this is until HP get around to writing a driver...

Ho Hum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back