Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xp terminal services

Status
Not open for further replies.

45ian123

Technical User
Apr 13, 2003
AU
Can someone help with where I find the terminal services client app or where I can download it.
I want to install it on my xp pro home computer and be able to get to the server at work.
I have the relevant permissions etc and dialin access.
I've looked on the 2000 server cd but I'm missing a trick somewhere

I'm sure it must be on the CD somewhere, but do a quick search for RDP client with your favourite search engine and it should find loads. (RDP is the Remote Desktop Protocol used by NT Terminal services). If however your server has the Citrix Metaframe software installed, you can get the ICA client from
John

Start, Programs, Accessories, Communications, Remote Connections

Hi thanks,

The app I actually mean comes in the admin.pak install.
Xp doesn't like installing but after clicking continue I'm able to run most of the admin tools on the Xp machine.
Anyone who tries this beaware that not all the tools work

The ts client is usually on the terminal server under c:\winnt\system32\clients\tsclient\win32\. However, it probably won't install because Microsoft wants you to use the Remote Desktop client built into windows XP. Remote Desktop works just fine with Terminal services on 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back