Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP SP2 Firewall disrupting MS Outlook operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen1

MIS
Sep 16, 2002
US
I just installed SP2 and turned on the XP Firewall.
I notice Outlook 2000(Connected to Exchange 5.5 server) is not working properly with the mail notifications.

I had my co-worker send a test email to me.
My mouse is highlighted on inbox. I did not see the email nor had any new email notification. However when I clicked on Calendar or another outlook folder. The new email notification popped up.

Also when I compose and send an email, after hitting Send, the email sits in the outbox until I click on another folder. Anyone have an idea on what ports, I should open on the XP firewall?

Thanks
-Phil

Hello Phil,

I have the same problem, even when i turn off XP firewall... Please let me know if you manage to solve the problem....

Try adding MS outlook to the allowed applications in the firewall setting. I had the same problem and added outlook.exe to the allowed application and restarted the PC. Thats seems to have fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back