Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Runtimes just dont work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLWilts

Programmer
Feb 12, 2001
GB
Hi,
I have recently had to install a number of Access databases under XP with the runtimes. Problem is that I converted the databases from Access 97 with no problems and can run them under Access XP (with the file format changed to Access 2002 to make sure that certain users could not access them). All fine. Created XP runtimes, installed them on a recently "imaged" PC (clean install of Windows 2000) and the database opened, initial form loaded but got #name? or #error? in text boxes linked to date or other certain form functions. In a word, the application did not work. Did a search on google and found an XP runtime "update". Downloaded that and installed and all is sweetness and light - in other words, their vanilla XP runtime creation program does not work so they had to issue and update - thanks Micro$oft!!.
Here is the link: Hope this stops at least one person from chewing the desk as I have done.

Tony:

Thanks so MUCH! After much problems, thank you for SHARING your knowledge.

Not much hair left! Maybe I can keep the rest.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back