Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Remote Desktop Web Connection does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

horizon2000

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2001
US
I have a following configuration:
Host side:
Router Netgear FVS318, IIS working on XP pro on the same box.
Lan consiting of three boxes 192.168.0.X
I have set up the router to provide static IP addresses for these boxes.
The DHPC is set up for a range 192.168.0.10-100.
NAT is setup so the port 3389 opened for TCP/UDP is forwarded to IIS.
IIS setup for anonymous connections.
The Web RDC is setup, I can see the Windows Remote Web Connection Page when I try to access the PC from the WAN side.
The WAN IP is static but it has not changed for the last year. I have a Dynamic DNS as well.

The client is behind Dell truemobile wireless router with NAT enabled and ip range 192.168.1.x. 3389 is opened.

I have VPN working as well. With VPN a regular RDC works, however without VPN the Web RDC does not. When I try to access without VPN with Web RDC I am getting message that "The client could not connect to the remote computer. The remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy..... "

I have read through most of the postings and everything seams to be ok and should work. I did find something but could not trace it back to the source. One posting mentioned that IIS "tsweb" directory should contain a file named ?? "connect.asp" or sth like that. My directory does not have such a file.

Please help me out!!!

A lot of people are having the same problem,according to my google searches. But no one seems to have a straight answer for this. One sugestion. You need to make sure you are specifying the domain name or IP address of the computer you want to connect to when you are using on the page

enoc6
Thanks for the reply but the problem has been solved.
There is another thread that I started which has bunch of useful info regarding this topic. Please take a look. thread595-781576
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back