Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Rebooting - Memory and/or Video extensive test ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky1970

Technical User
Mar 2, 2003
US
A couple of weeks ago I decided to reinstall XP Pro from scratch (I do it once a year to free system resources, cleanup, etc.)

In the process I also updated my system's Bios and all the applicable drivers to the last version.

The result was preety good except that after 3/4 hours of running no particular process XP decides to reboot.

After rebooting, I get the message that "XP recovered from a serious error" and if ask the details it says that a device driver caused the conflict (it allways says the same thing, doesen't it?).

My question is: can this be memory or my graphic card? can anybody recommend a test I can leave running to determine if this is the case?

Before you ask, I did have Norton Antivirus check my system and it didn't find anything wrong.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

R.

Thanks!!!

That was a very fast response...

I will check what is happening tonight and post the message here.

R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back