Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Pro Synchronise Window when LOGOFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrh981

Technical User
Jan 15, 2004
CA
[sadeyes]
Hi!
I'm new to this so please bare with me.

Server Set-up.
Domain controler: Windows 2000 advanced server.
User Set-up:
XP Pro with Domain/authenticated users.

Apps:
AVANTAGE Accounting Application (16 bit) with work in a different memory space - Checked.

When user logoff user or computer.
A synchro window pops-up and takes a long time to close.
It is synchronising something and sometime it will ask for a domain user+password to complete the task.

Thanks

All comments and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Normand Houle

Perhaps offline folders synchronisation on logoff is turned on. If you want to turn off this, in My Documents window under Tools->Synchronise see Setup... there are options fo this.

===
Karlis
ECDL; MCP

Another place to check while in the My Docs window is Tools->Folder Options->Offline Files. Uncheck "Enable offline files."

but might be the same thing karlisi suggested, but in a different place

Thanks!
I will try this as soon as possible.

But got a question:
Initialy they did not have a Domain controller but only a workgroup and all computers were XP HOME.

They would link up into a shared fold to the 16 bit App.

And they did not have the SYNC window.

Why is it different in XP PRO. Or it is caused by WIN2K Server DOMAIN.

Thanks

WinXP Pro is for corporate networks and Home is for home users. Microsoft's idea is - corporate users sometimes want to work with some work documents at home. Synchronisation allows to make offline copies from documents on network shares and store these copies on your laptop and to keep these copies identical. Microsoft also thinks - home users dont need such feature :)

===
Karlis
ECDL; MCP

Thanks Guys, Great comments and help.

But the plot tickens.

What do I need to check if a user logs-in and 10 minutes later he is kick-out and must re-boot or re-log-in.

Follow up

I verified all XP Workstation, not all had the **make available off-line**.

For those who did I had to turn it on first then turn it off. Find out it was still on and when I get the message **not connected Off-line* clicked on the setting and removed all off-line intent checked box.

All except one seem to work. One machine it goes back to the **checked make available off-line**.

Aqny other suggestion...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back