Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Pro SQL syntax error

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkj

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
GB
I use XP Pro at home on a stand alone pc - no network is used. When surfing the net via dial up modem there are a number of sites where I get the error message " you have an error in your SQL syntax " and i cannot acces the website in question. Have checked the FAQ but nobody else seems to have come across this problem. Can anyone throw any light as to how I can correct this please?

I suspect the "you" in this case is the web developer. It sounds like they're letting the web server throw you an ugly error page.

This is common though (it happens here on Tek-Tips too!). I doubt it is XP related, just web server troubles.

When it happens you might try copy/pasting the text and posting it here to help us understand what's up if it isn't this.

ok - sorry i've not come back to you but i've had numerous problems with this error including this site. Well what I have had to do is reload xp - just the upgrade option so can we assume that it was a corrupted file or files ? Thanks anyway for your help

djkj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back