Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Pro Long Shutdown Time SOLVED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick12

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
US
The culprit was Ahead Nero v5.5.10.0. Prior to deleting from XP, shutdown took 65 - 70 seconds. After un installing, shutdown took 15 seconds. Thanks to all of you who tried to help resolve this issue. Can anyone recommend a CD burner other than Roxio or Ahead?

I am running Nero 5.5.7 on XP no problems. I would never suggest Roxio to anyone running a PC.!

Maybe before you dismiss Nero , try an earlier version, or does it have a tray icon or any features like that or auto copy features etc, disable all of these.

Nero really is the best option for general backups of files and music. Unless you want to use something like cdrWin.

Best of Luck. Please let us know what you think of posts, feedback is always appreciated as this will help to further our knowledge as well.

I am running Roxio on my PC with WinXP Pro and I have no problems at all. My burner is a LG 32x10x40x... pretty quick. Since I put on the latest update from Roxio I haven't created a coaster. I haven't tried any other burning software, so I can't tell you how the rest work, but I am pleased with how Roxio is performing on my system right now.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your recommendations CyberWarrior and tundraman. I believe everyone who responded to my original, and subsequent post, sincerely were trying to help. No one can ask for a better contribution. People helping people. I'm glad that this forum was mentioned in the last Langa Newsletter. I just hope sometime to be able to help someone resolve their problem, Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back