Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Pro logon error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttlpkge93

Technical User
Jun 3, 2004
US
Small 3 workstation network behind a linksys router, in a office building with t-1. The network doesn't interact with the other workstations or pc in the building, only internet access. One of the workstations was running slow today after being on over the weekend, rebooted and now the workstation wont log on, it says"unable to log user on the computer, domain (ex) is unavailable. The workstation never required a password before and was never set and isn't on a domain. The proposed domain name is the workstation name. Please help XP Pro w/SP1..

System restore to before the weekend. Service pack it.
If no help, take an XP cd and run a repair;
Since there is confusion on how to easily repair an XP box, do this;
Boot using the XP cd, do not choose to repair the first time you see the repair option.(Thats a console repair)
Go through the motions of installing until you see the repair option again, choose it....
It will look like its re-installing, but its replacing the system files.
Service pack, Critical updates after that..

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back