Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xp pro desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave10

Technical User
Oct 22, 2003
GB
How can I place all programs in a common folder in my start menu ie word,powerpoint, outlook all appear as seperate programs can I put them into a common folder .

Start | My Computer | C: | Documents and Settings | All Users | Start Menu | Programs | Then create a new folder now you are within the Programs folder and call it Microsoft Office. Then drag and drop the programs you want into that folder. Close the window. You may need to log off and log back on to see the change. Now all of offices individual programs are stored within a single folder called Microsoft Office on the Windows XP program bar.

many thanks been trying to do that for weeks

Alternatively you can right click on the "All Programs" entry on the start menu (or just "Programs" if you are using classic mode) and click open, then go to the programs folder and enter the details in there

Saves the longer navigation :)

'When all else fails.......read the manual'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back