Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

charel

Technical User
Sep 11, 2001
AU
I have an issue with HP895cse printer & XP. I am able to print no problems when logged in as the user who created it (ITOfficer). When i log on as the user who will be using it, sometimes it prints but only after the job is sent to the printer, get the error msg, then restart, login, then the print comes out. More often than not it doesn't print at all.. I have been unable to successfully install the printer as another user and print to the printer.. I've tried a regclean, i don't want to have to recreate the user - anyone else with this problem?
also the same problem with an HP695c..

THanks for any suggestions..

Haven't seen that one before, but I would suggest checking the properties of the printer and see if there is something there that is causing it. I'm thinking that the printer belongs to the user that installed it, and just needs to be shared with everyone.

If its not the printer, then it might be you have to many restrictions on the other users.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back