Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Printing Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenmcgregor

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2001
GB
I have installed a brand new XP Professional with SP1 machine in our accounts dept. It is a 2.8 Pentium with 1Gb RAM. Attached is a Tally 2130 dot matrix printer with the correct Tally driver istalled (Tally's own)(I have also used Microsofts own). The main function of this workstation is to operate an accounts package, Pegasus Opera 2.

Since the machine was installed a printing problem has developed. The machine prints invoices without any problem but the user must wait until printing is complete before it allows them to start using the system again. The exact same setup was used with the old maching which was a W2K 1Ghz Pentium with 512Mb memory and ran without any hicups allowing the user to continue using Pegasus whilst it was still printing.

What am I missing?

Have you tried running the software in the Windows 2000 (or other) compatibility layer?

To do this right click on shortcut/exe file and select properties. Click on the compatibility tab and from here you can select a compatibility layer.

Also take a look at as it might help.

Greg Palmer
Free Software for Adminstrators

I don't if it helps but try to change the printer options in order to print only when everything's on the spooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back