Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP-PM65-PDF-Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodleygoodley

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
AU
I have excell files disappearing from my PM65 file after being PDF'd!..but only on my XP system..I can take the same files and successfully complete the process on my Win98 laptop. Has anyone had a similar situation?....and is there a solution.

Thanks

PM6.5 is not officially compatible with XP. PM7 introduced XP compatibility. While 6.5 can run on XP, there are many odd/random behaviors. This may be one of them.

agreeing with jimoblak
xp pro does NOT play well with others...not hardware or software. I'm almost tempted to go back to win 98
Tiffie

Thanks All,

To BigJohnD...I have tried all available options for placing excel files into pm65, including cutting and pasting to Photoshop, saving as tiff(or pdf) and then inserting. I still come up with the issue without any regularity..at times it is OK at others it doesn't work..no pattern

Cheers

Hi, woodleygoodley,

I suggest you take a look at: which gives advice about PM6.52 on WinME, Win2K and WinXP - basically it says upgrade to PM7 as PM6.52 is about 5 years old.

The upgrade to PM7.0.1 is £59 or €95 (or the equivalent in your local money) plus tax and delivery.

Was your WinXP an upgrade or a fresh install? Windows upgrades are notoriously prone to persistent symptons similar to yours.

Experience indicates that a fresh install onto a clean formatted drive is the best way to create a stable OS. Many people I know (including myself) do not even accept a "ready-to-run" new PC, but insist on re-formatting and re-installing the OS.

Iechyd da! John
11:52 07/02/03 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back