Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP PC runs slow with Foxpro 2.6 app minimized

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanTabb

MIS
Apr 29, 2003
NZ
Hi All,

Setup :
Compaq Desktop, P4 1.6 , 128mb Ram, Win XP Pro, NAV 7.6

When running the Foxpro application everyting works fine. The problems start when the application is minimized and the user attempts to open other apps e.g. word , excel etc etc.

These applications run very slowly, close the foxpro app and everything runs normally.

I've tried usign the run in own memory space, adjusting the priority of NTDM, using the different compatability options. So far nothing has helped.

The high speed cpu patch has been installed.

I've checked task manager during the slow down and found fp26000.esl pretty much at 100% CPU utilisation.

Testing has been done with the application running locally and across the network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan Tabb

Bryan,
check MEMLIMIT (a lot of threads...)
If you have SET CLOCK ON, change it to OFF.
Tesar

Another route is to increase memory in your system. 128meg is the minimum memory for XP.

NAV Realtime Protection also slows FoxPro26. Try disabling it. It helped considerably on my Terminal Server.

MarkA1966

Hi

By constitution, W2000 and NT systems (Now XP since based on NT), will utilise the 100% CPU resources. This will continue even if the application is put on the background.

To solve this problem to some extend, you can use the code..

start /low foxprox.exe -cconfig.fp myapp.app

-cConfig.fp is the resource file, if you use it and myApp.app is the application you are running.

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back