Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Passwords 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

damaruk

Technical User
Aug 2, 2000
GB
I have in error saved a password for Windows Messanger. I hve deleted and restored MSN in Windows but when I reinstall it and reboot my PC in automatically logs me on to messanger as I am on broadband. Is there anyway you can delete saved passwords in Windows. Thank you

Right click Internet Explorer and select Properties from the menu. Click on the Content tab and press the Auto Complete button. Press the Clear Passwords button. Hope this helps.

Sorry this does not sort the problem out. I want to delete the remember password for added security so I have to put my password in every time

are you useing xp pro damaruk?if you are you can go to admin tools ,local security policy's,local policies,securty options,the line that says network access:do not allow storage of credintials or .net passwords for network authentication. set that to enable,dont know if you can do it on xp home thou.

Type....control userpasswords2......in the run box and look at the options under Advanced/ Manage Passwords.

Sorted now thanks for your help everbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back