Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Modem Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcgurty

MIS
Jun 5, 2001
US
I installed Windows XP Professional, now everytime I reboot I have to reinstall my US Robotics 56K modem everytime or it will not work. Any ideas?

Not even an issue now, bought a Zoom modem and it works fine. USR will never get my business again, their website is very hard trying to find out information.

Since US Robotics has not added any SIGNED drivers for there CHEAP modems, about 60% of the older USR modems do not work in XP.every verson of AMR modem i have tested has installed with NO hitch.
Beta Tester for XP currently on 26th version. XP PRO OEM 2600 Frank Smith
s0121@starband.net
"SomeWhere in Kansas--"Near Dodge City"

I had the same problem click on Control Panel-System-Device Manager- under modems delete the two drivers then reboot your system XP will now see your modem. You must have upgraded.

Yes, I did upgrade...thanks for all the great info. I'll keep these items in mind when I upgrade a few other of the machines I have.

If your modem is ext then open it before booting This may solve the problem. If your modem is internal then you must wait for xp drv from USR. This is because xp rollback drivers that can cause errors after rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back