Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP look and Feel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbSun

Programmer
Dec 9, 2002
US
Hi

I just wanted to know is there any opensource control or dll, that can convert the ordinary Windows look of our VB apps to WinXP look on all machines regardless of OS?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Sunil

vbSun,

I think you can use this to skin your VB application, you may have to design the skin yourself but i'm sure you can just get something like an XP screenshot and base your app on that...

Hope this helps,

jgjge3.gif

[tt]"Do not put off until tomorrow what you cannot put off until the day after tomorrow just as well." - Mark Twain[/tt]

Thats a nice idea Jag,

I had already figured out thats the only way to do it. And its nice control too..

Am confused with your reply tb..

Thanks for the responses,
Sunil

I have been using this control for a while, had no problems and is sensibly priced. Got a very good response from them on questions being answered before buying it. Have a look.

ZOR,

Did you mean "I have been using this control" in reference to the one I linked to?

It's the same control.

vbSkinner (and fantastic it is too)

jgjge3.gif

[tt]"Do not put off until tomorrow what you cannot put off until the day after tomorrow just as well." - Mark Twain[/tt]

Yes thats the one, vbSkinner. Its very good isn't it, certainly made my forms look like XP. Regards

if you don't like that, send me your email and I'll send you a dll, and two controls to make it look exactly like it, for free too.

The DLL can upgrade msgbox's, textboxes, combolists etc.
and the controls are a Command Button, and the Window Boarders.

Cheers Jim
JimHutton1978@hotmail.com

Just downloaded and purchased the VbSkinner control.

It is really great, adds a nice look to you apps

like above, very reasonably priced !

Got a question though for anyone familliar with the control

How do you set a msflexgrid to cahnge background color with the skin color change ?

Robert

Yea,

Its a good control.. am plannng to make one like that.... Its not that difficult i think..

Sunil

Hi Robert. I don't think there is a way to change the Flexgrid controls color, similar to the tab control. Almost like a song at a football match "Grey is the color"
Regards

Jim Hutton you deserve a star. Many thanks

JimHutton,

can you please send me those controls, am new to vb..... and probably some instructions...... am interested..... email add:thor_beyond@yahoo.com

chris

Its also good to post a link to the control.. all can access it..

Thanks
Sunil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back