Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Logon Problems: Access denied when attempting to change password

Status
Not open for further replies.

momar

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2002
US
have a Windows 2k Server with about 10 clients with Windows 95/98, Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional. I want to be force the users to change their password after a certain amount of time. The problem is that when the users' who use Windows 95/98 or XP (2k Pro doesn't have the problem) passwords expire and they are prompted to change them at logon they receive an "access denied" message after inputting their new password. The only way for them to actually change their password is to move to a Win2000 computer and log in there, change their password, log back out and then log on to their 95/98/XP machine.

I have ensured that the "password never expires" checkbox is NOT checked. I don't like the security risk of not making them change their password.

And is Checked "User can not Change their Password"? A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

nope, All the checkboxes in the profile set up appear to be set properly for what I'm trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back