Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP hotfix for delayed write (321733)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kermitderby

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2002
GB
Does anybody know where i can get the above fix without having to pay the extortionate rate for contacting the MS support line for a hotfix that should be free because they messed up yet again by providing an un-exhaustively tested bug ridden operating system yet again? The hotfix does not exist on the MS support site for download, you have to ring the number! I'm not being tight it just annoys me we have to pay for this and for something which might not work (based on recent news on hotfixes which didn't exactly do what they said on the tin!). Annoyed...me...no!

Maybe its part of SP2 for windows xp and you could download the latest RC....

The Hotfix does nothing more than the registry edit suggested in the article.

Not so much of a fix just a work around then. I did try this on our 2000 SBS server but on reboot numerous services failed to work (NAV, Netware Gateway to name a few). Is this normal behaviour? Because it caused probs i switched it back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back